Some people ask with perturbation, “Isn’t it so, that freely chosen faith and freely surrendered humility would be a source of pride in us?” The question is probably an indication of the […]
Theologically traditional. Abundant in grace for all.
Not God+You, but God-indwelling-you
Parts of the Christian community have so neglected the Holy Spirit that a popular teacher felt called to write a book called "Forgotten God." Christians are often led away from a truly spiritual life with God and told they need to legalistically study their Bibles and "try hard."
The Fruit of the Spirit is a moment-by-moment miracle God works in you, if you will simply be trusting Him and entrusting yourself to Him to do it. Jesus said "One thing is necessary." The one thing is resting in His presence, resting under His yoke, surrendering all to His presence. Inner sanctification is not so much a process as a Person: "Christ Jesus has been made unto us... sanctification (1 Cor. 1:30), "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col. 1:27).
In Jesus' hometown, "He could do no miracle there... because of their unbelief." Don't be a "hometowner" - a person who knows Jesus but doesn't come to Him to be healed of your sin-sick problems.
Be like Peter, stepping out of the boat because Jesus is calling you to Him. Surrender fully, fix your eyes on Him, and He will be producing the fruit of the Spirit in you in a moment-by-moment miracle within your deepest emotions and desires.
From this place of miraculous, Holy Spirit-produced love and holiness, your thoughts and actions will flow out fulfilling the two commands which sum up every other command: Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and Loving others as yourself.
Our part is to listen to Him, come to Him, and trust Him - His part is to work the miracle within. us, which we then manifest in action.
- AJ Firenze
- Micah C.
- Theology of the Body
- Andrew Murray: Entrance into Rest
- The New Man: not a “new me,” but “Christ in me”
- Listening to the past?
- Awana lesson 1.1 “Sin”
- Peter: the Rock (part 2)
- Independence from Sin: 3 things about Romans 7
- Questioning Life: Answering Suffering (Part Two)
- Peter: Sifted Like Wheat (part 1)
- “Martha… there’s only one thing necessary.”
- Questioning Life: Human Value, in Suffering and in Evil (Part One)
- Gospel for Toddlers – “Let the little children come unto me”
- The Parable of the Running Father
- Crying babies = A call to prayer
- In Other (Trump) News – Rioters Need Christ
- Parenting: God is Faithful, Even When…
- Local Satanists… Jesus died for them, too
- “Visiting the iniquity on the children”? Explaining God’s goodness
- The Great Cynic Defeated (Job, Part 3)
- “…of my servant Job?”
- “Hast Thou Heard…”
- Subjective vs Objective Christian Love, & ACLU Leader Resigns After Daughters’ Experience in Restroom
- Evangelizing Toddlers – “Let the little children come unto me”
- Determinism (Part 2) – Scriptural problems
- Determinism (Part 1) – Rejected by Early Church
- D-Day chaplain: “On the front lines… Christ would want to help them there.”
- Normandy: They remember
- “He descended to Hell”? – The Harrowing of Hades
"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."